The Quality Control Inspector has responsibility for assuring the quality at various stages of production for both top assembly and sub-assembly parts for conformance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspection of products following various stages of the manufacturing process including, but not limited to:
- 1st piece inspection
- In-process and final inspections using various inspection equipment
- Reporting quality issue to the QC Manager and/or Production Manager
- Utilizes various types inspection equipment
- Reports all quality issues the QC Manager and/or Production Manager
- Completes all necessary documentation forms accurately and efficiently, as required on Inspection Plan forms
- Cross trains in other areas of Quality Control and assists other departments when necessary
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge and experience with hand held gauges including micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, height gages, pin gages, etc.
- 3-5 years minimum inspection experience, or a combination of experience and education
- Must be able to pass the inspection eye exam (including a color vision test)
- Must be a US Person as defined by ITAR
- Must read, write, speak/understand English
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Aerospace, Electrical and Medical manufacturing background is a preferred
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment is preferred
2 year college degree
If this type of work interests you, but is not the right fit, then click the link below to review our other open positions.