Job Title Human Resources Generalist
Reports to CFO
Position Type Exempt
Date January 15, 2020
The HR Generalist is responsible for partnering with the leadership team and providing Human Resource leadership and execution in talent acquisition, talent management, employee relations, and HR Compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Talent Acquisition
- Develop a strategy to attract top talent, improve bench strength, and market the company as an “Employer of Choice”.
- Recruit, screen and interview job applicants to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
- Talent Management
- Implement and execute the employee on-boarding process.
- Advise managers on the performance feedback and evaluation process.
- Counsel employees and managers on career planning, conflict resolution and work related challenges.
- Advises managers on performance management including appropriate corrective counseling, training and development, and progressive discipline techniques and processes.
- Manage the disciplinary action process, including warnings and terminations in conjunction with management staff.
- Conduct off-boarding and exit interviews.
- Employee Relations
- Contributes actively to the development and implementation of the overall HR strategy.
- Establish credibility and rapport with stakeholders ranging from hourly employees to executives.
- Champions a culture that promotes employee engagement, customer focus and diversity as well as company core values.
- Maintain a presence in the organization by providing coaching, focusing on performance management, staff and leadership development.
- Draft or revise job descriptions as needed.
- HR Compliance
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures compliance.
- Ensures compliance with all legal and government reporting regulations affecting the human resources function (EEO, Affirmative Action, FMLA, ADA, OSHA, etc.).
- Maintain/update the Company’s Human Resources Policies & Procedures, ensuring they reflect company practices and standards.
- Administers other HR policies and programs. Recommend and implement revisions to policies, programs and practices as needed.
- Special Projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- BA in Business, Human Resources or similar
- Minimum 5 years HR generalist experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proven success in recruiting and talent management leadership.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Integrate into the culture of our organization (Accountability, Continuous Improvement, and Engagement).
- Be visible to employees
- Develop and implement a plan for actively recruiting technical and managerial staff.
- Successfully recruit the first technical/managerial position
- Implement weekly/monthly reporting of progress and budget.
- Lead the employee performance process.
- Utilize outside resources on updating our Employee Handbook and policies.
- Complete job descriptions with measurable success criteria
- Develop a plan for an HRM system (IT will implement).
Able Coil & Electronics is a full-service electromagnetic design and manufacturing company serving a wide range of industries including commercial, music, medical, laser, aerospace, communications, automotive, and military products.
Since 1969 Able Coil & Electronics has manufactured precision-wound coils, toroids, transformers, solenoids, cable and connector harnesses, and many other electrical assemblies.