Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Reports to: President
Supervises: Quality Personnel Lead
Position Type: Exempt
Date: April 5, 2021
The Quality Assurance Engineer (“QE”) is responsible for ensuring all products manufactured by Able Coil meet all product specifications, including industry standards and customers’ expectations. The QE will leverage technical skills and will liaise with other staff throughout the organization to execute and comply with the quality management system. The QE will implement quality standards and provide training, tools and techniques to enable employees to achieve the quality standards. The QE will monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and report on performance against established standards.
Key Areas of Responsibility: Include the following, but not limited to:
- Executing to the Quality Management System
- Inspect products using a variety of electrical and mechanical test and measurement equipment. Examples include LCR meters, magnetics analyzers, transformer testers, IR testers, HiPot testers, oscilloscopes, calipers, micrometers, gauges, scales, and microscopes.
- Complete all necessary documentation as required on inspection forms accurately and efficiently.
- Cross train in other areas of Quality Assurance and assist other departments as needed. necessary
- Planning, scheduling, and conducting daily and weekly goals for Inspectors and Technician.
- Evaluate daily shipping requirements and resolve issues as required to ensure on time delivery.
- Support the AS9100 successful implementation and certification, including on-going management and compliance.
- Conduct and manage root cause and corrective action analysis.
- Work with production and engineering groups to identify root cause of non-conformance’s and implement corrective actions accordingly.
- Evaluate and resolve discrepancies with internal, customer and supplier reports.
- Process audits and reports
- Communicate with customers and vendors to improve and / or resolve non-conformances.
- Work with customers and vendors to resolve problems. Communicate Non-conformances and Root Cause Analysis, Corrective & Preventative Actions – leading cross functional teams
- Inspection Plan – Engineering Change Order (ECO) approvals
- Reviewing product Quality Records for accuracy and completeness
- Liaison to Customers, Suppliers, and Regulatory agencies for quality related issues
- Identifying, refining, and implementing cost-savings and quality improvement projects – concept to implementation
- Serving Lead Auditor – responsible for internal, external, and 3rd party audits
- Training and qualifying all staff on QMS, and Company Policies
Essential Core Values:
Foundational to every employee at Able Coil & Electronics is the possession and on-going active demonstration of our Core Values, viewed equally essential as the technical qualifications of this role to ensure mutual success.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: Learn, Teach, Grow
- ACCOUNTABLE: Ownership – Procedure – Pride
- RELIABLE: Honesty – Loyalty – Integrity
- ENGAGED: Be Proactive – Help Others – Have Fun
- NO SURPRISES: Identify – Communicate – Report
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required.
- Must be able to interpret mechanical drawings.
- Aerospace and/or Electrical background preferred.
- Knowledge/ experience with electrical measurement equipment and hand-held gauges including micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, height gages, pin gages, etc.
- 3-5 years minimum inspection experience, or a combination of experience and education
- Must be able to pass the inspection eye exam (including a color vision test)
- Must be a US Person as defined by ITAR
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Experience driving Continuous Improvement and Root Cause Analyses (corrective & preventative actions)
- Strong experience developing, implementing, and maintaining quality procedures, standards, and specifications.
- Independent starter with high self-motivation and self-management capabilities, ability to apply the appropriate quality standards and techniques while meeting production schedules
- Detailed oriented with ability to intently focus / quickly resolve quality issues
- Conducting and managing audit experience required
- Plan, organize and control activities to ensure projects are on time, within cost parameters, meet quality standards and manufacturability
- Report to executive management and customers on problems and quality concerns
- Ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and work in the manufacturing space
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build and maintain productive work relationships
- Excellent prioritization and project development / management skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic work environment, balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to constructively represent the Company with customers, suppliers and regulatory agencies
- Understand and apply business acumen
- Skilled at Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, others
- Must be able to read, write, & understand English
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology and related experience. Preferred Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Electronic or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with manufacturing electro-mechanical devices, preferably in the Aviation / Military industries [could be less than ten years experience, not necessarily unique to electro-mechanical devices”]
Work Environment: This job operates in both a professional office environment and a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc., as well as manufacturing equipment such as 3D printers, winding machines, etc.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Other Relevant Information: This job may require travel between several facilities, all located within walking or short (1 mile) driving distance
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
It is the policy of Able Coil & Electronics to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship status (if authorized to work in the U.S.), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, ACE will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Able Coil & Electronics is a full-service electromagnetic design and manufacturing company serving a wide range of industries including commercial, music, medical, laser, aerospace, communications, automotive, and military products.
Since 1969 Able Coil & Electronics has manufactured precision-wound coils, toroids, transformers, solenoids, cable and connector harnesses, and many other electrical assemblies.
Able Coil is currently expanding and to support this expansion, the Company is searching for a Quality Assurance Manager.