Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Reports to: President
Supervises: Quality Personnel
Position Type: Exempt
Date: January 26, 2021
How to Apply:
Go to www.able coil.com and submit your application and resume
The Quality Assurance Manager (“QAM”) is responsible for ensuring all products manufactured by Able Coil meet all product specifications, including industry standards, legal compliance and customers’ expectations. The QAM will provide leadership skills to coach and mentor the Quality Engineer, Compliance Manager, and inspection team as well as individual contributors from other disciplines within the company. The QAM will leverage technical skills to develop and maintain the quality management system. He or she will liaise with other managers and staff throughout the organization to ensure that the quality management system is functioning properly. The QAM will advise on how to implement quality standards and provide training, tools and techniques to enable employees to achieve the quality standards. The QAM will monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and report on performance against established standards.
Key Areas of Responsibility: Include the following, but not limited to:
- Leading and managing the Quality Assurance department, including Quality Engineer and Compliance Manager.
- Communicate and manage the daily and weekly goals for Inspectors and Technician.
- Evaluate daily shipping requirements and resolve issues as required to ensure on time delivery.
- Lead the AS9100 successful implementation and certification, including on-going management and compliance.
- Leverage AS9100 certification progress tasks to date, develop a plant complementary to ACE’s operating environment and resources to achieve certification by target date. Design and implement all quality training needed for Quality Assurance and Production Teams.
- Design and maintain employee training systems to be implemented by supervisors.
- Conduct and manage root cause and corrective action analysis.
- Work with production and engineering groups to identify root cause of non-conformance’s and implement corrective actions accordingly.
- Evaluate and resolve discrepancies with internal, customer and supplier reports.
- Process audits and reports
- Communicate with customers and vendors to improve and / or resolve non-conformances.
- Work with customers and vendors to resolve problems. Communicate Non-conformances and Root Cause Analysis, Corrective & Preventative Actions – leading cross functional teams
- Inspection Plan – Engineering Change Order (ECO) approvals
- Reviewing product Quality Records for accuracy and completeness
- Liaison to Customers, Suppliers, and Regulatory agencies for quality related issues
- Identifying, refining, and implementing cost-savings and quality improvement projects – concept to implementation
- Serving Lead Auditor – responsible for internal, external, and 3rd party audits
- Training and qualifying all staff on QMS, and Company Policies
Essential Core Values:
Foundational to every employee at Able Coil & Electronics is the possession and on-going active demonstration of our Core Values, viewed equally essential as the technical qualifications of this role to ensure mutual success.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT: Learn, Teach, Grow
- ACCOUNTABLE: Ownership – Procedure – Pride
- RELIABLE: Honesty – Loyalty – Integrity
- ENGAGED: Be Proactive – Help Others – Have Fun
- NO SURPRISES: Identify – Communicate – Report
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required.
- Plan, organize and control activities to ensure projects are on time, within cost parameters, meet quality standards, and manufacturability
- Ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and work in the manufacturing process
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build and maintain productive work relationships
- Independent starter with high self-motivation and self-management capabilities
- Organized with attention to detail
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining a Quality Management System
- Experience, or equivalent, with interpreting Industry and Military Standards & Specifications
- Must be able to pass the inspection eye exam (including a color vision test)
- Must be a US Person as defined by ITAR
- Experience driving Continuous Improvement and Root Cause Analyses (corrective & preventative actions)
- Ability to constructively represent the Company with customers, suppliers and regulatory agencies
- Understand and apply business acumen
- Skilled at Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, others
- Must be able to read, write, & understand English
- Experience conducting and managing audits
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree (BS) in an Engineering or Technology discipline
- 5 years’ experience with manufacturing, preferably electro-mechanical devices and Aviation / Military industries
- Prior leadership and management responsibility experience preferred
Work Environment: This job operates in both a professional office environment and a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc., as well as manufacturing equipment such as 3D printers, winding machines, etc.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Other Relevant Information: This job may require travel between several facilities, all located within walking or short (1 mile) driving distance
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
It is the policy of Able Coil & Electronics to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship status (if authorized to work in the U.S.), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, ACE will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Able Coil & Electronics is a full-service electromagnetic design and manufacturing company serving a wide range of industries including commercial, music, medical, laser, aerospace, communications, automotive, and military products.
Since 1969 Able Coil & Electronics has manufactured precision-wound coils, toroids, transformers, solenoids, cable and connector harnesses, and many other electrical assemblies.
Able Coil is currently expanding and to support this expansion, the Company is searching for a Quality Assurance Manager.